TruTrainer rollers may look like regular rollers but they don’t feel like them. In fact, they are unlike any trainer you have ever ridden. The secret, aside from their extraordinary quality, is a high speed tubular flywheel contained inside the rear roller. The flywheel duplicates the cyclic resistance experienced during each pedal stroke as well as resistance to continuous acceleration. Additionally, viscous drag forces between the flywheel and roller simulate wind and rolling resistance. What does this mean to you? Plenty.
- You enjoy an ultra-smooth ride with a natural “road” feel.
- You can pedal out of the saddle in a natural manner.
- You can coast for long periods (30 seconds) to stretch, adjust your shorts, or restore blood flow to critical areas.
- Mental fatigue and boredom are significantly reduced; therefore you are inclined to train for longer periods of time (one elite college cyclist rode them for six hours straight last winter).
- Interval training is enhanced because the flywheel requires significant energy to accelerate to racing speed.
- No external load devices to leak or over heat. No electronic gizmos to fiddle with. No frills at all, really. Just pure, simple riding pleasure.
- Front roller adjusts to accommodate wheelbases from 37.2 inches (94.5 cm) to 43.2 inches (109.7cm) in ½ inch increments.(shown right)
- Unique system clamps roller shaft tightly for a stable, rattle free ride yet allows rapid adjustment with one 6MM Allen wrench.
- Optimized rear roller position
- Optimally spaced for stability when sprinting out of the saddle.
- Rear rollers are elevated to offset the cradling of the rear wheel thus providing a nearly level ride.
- Spacing can be optimized for either 700C or 650C wheels (different belt length required)
- Side rails are CNC machined and powder coated 6061-T6 aluminum.
- Rollers are precision drawn, and hard anodized 6063-T6 aluminum
- Bearing end caps are CNC machined and anodized 6061-T6 aluminum
- Side rails are protected with durable, anti-skid rubber tread.
- Fasteners are stainless steel.
- High quality shielded ball bearings are used through-out.
- Flywheel is 2-plane, dynamically balanced for smooth, quiet operation.
- Designed by aerospace engineers. Patents pending.